Salve Visitatore

How Grimsby Town earned their FA Cup Third Round tie against Crystal Palace

• 1 Risposte
  • 53 Visite
How Grimsby Town earned their FA Cup Third Round tie against Crystal Palace

The big day is finally here for Grimsby Town and their fans, with the Mariners set to do battle with Crystal Palace in the FA Cup Third Round this evening. It’s the first time since 2014 that the Mariners have made it this far in the cup, and they’ll be plotting a path to their first Fourth Round tie since 2000 as they aim to cause a major upset at Selhurst Park.

CLEARING THE FIRST HURDLE
sbobet24 Town faced a tough test immediately as they began against MK Dons in the First Round.Paul Tisdale’s side sat second in League Two heading into the game, while the Mariners sat just four points off the bottom two, leaving some fans less than optimistic about their chances.And when Kieran Agard stealing the ball off Danny Collins midway through the first half before slotting past James McKeown, it looked like their cup journey could be over before it barely began.

The Mariners hit back in style after the break, though, with Elliot Embleton drawing them level with a superb strike five minutes into the second half. Ten minutes later, Wes Thomas put the hosts ahead to get fans believing, before Charles Vernam well and truly confirmed their place in the Third Round draw as he found the top corner to give Town a 3-1 victory.

JOLLEY’S THOUGHTS
“In the MK Dons games I thought we were excellent, certainly in the second half. “I think they probably shaded it in the first half and got their noses in front. “But in the second half I thought we were terrific and sbobet24 I thought we deservedly won that game.”

SEEING OFF THE SPIREITES
The Mariners came up against some familiar foes in the Second Round as they travelled to the Proact Stadium to take on Chesterfield. Having effectively ended their hopes of Football League survival the previous season, Spireites fans were no doubt hoping to inflict a bit of revenge, while boss Martin Allen, who also suffered relegation with Barnet, was looking for a much-needed victory given the club’s further struggles in the National League.

JOLLEY’S THOUGHTS
“Chesterfield sbobet24 was a different challenge in respect of the way that Chesterfield play. It made it very difficult for us to get any rhythm in the game, and it took us the best part of 70 minutes to find the type of football that we want to play.“Once we got the second goal from Harry, I think we were relatively confident that we would get through that match.“They were two different kind of performances, but they were two good wins.”Let’s hope Town can continue their journey at Selhurst Park!

Alvaro Morata to have Atletico Madrid medical on Sunday
« Risposta #1 il: Gennaio 27, 2019, 04:30:43 am »
Ligue 1: Monaco's troubles continued with defeat at relegation rivals Dijon

Alvaro Morata will have a medical with Atletico Madrid on Sunday ahead of finalising his loan move from Chelsea, according to Sky sources. Morata joined Chelsea from Real Madrid on a five-year contract for a then-club-record £57m fee in July 2017, ทาง เข้า sbobet ใหม่ ล่าสุด while Antonio Conte was in charge.

ทาง เข้า sbobet ใหม่ ล่าสุด He scored seven goals in his first eight games for the club, but finished his first season at the club with just 11 Premier League goals. Head coach Maurizio Sarri was keen to offload the forward having preferred to play Eden Hazard in an advanced role. Morata's transfer has also come after Gonzalo Higuain joined Chelsea on loan from Juventus for the remainder of the season.

Chelsea have the option to extend the loan deal for a season or buy Higuain outright for £31m, according to Juventus. ทาง เข้า sbobet ใหม่ ล่าสุด The 31-year-old striker worked under Sarri during his spell at Napoli. Morata will join former Chelsea striker Diego Costa at Atletico.